Extremely long break in website was caused mainly by the need to change the map engine.
The fees for using maps introduced by Google this year forced me to replace the map engine with an alternative, free platform. After analyzing the available free maps, I chose Leaflet
All pages containing Google maps have been replaced with new ones based on the new Leaflet engine (UTM map, observation module, user's location, etc.).
The only page not yet adapted to the new platform is file upload - but soon Google maps will disappear from here as well.
Due to the completely different handling of the new map platform, many elements of the website now work slightly different, and minor errors in handling or display are also possible.
I am asking for your understanding and reporting any problems related to maps by e-mail or via the contact form.
During the current update following elemets has been updated (except map engine):
- Nearctic species list for family Lasiocampidae,
- Nearctic species list for family Saturniidae,
- World species list for family Sphingidae,
- Palearctic species list for family Zygaenidae,
- Added two new countries: Christmas Island & Cocos Islands,
- Added more than 200 new species, mainly from Nearctic realm,
- Added more than 200 new thumbnails,